jeudi, novembre 01, 2007

Comment les Libanais aiment Beyrouth... et moi aussi!

I love Beirut because I see a girl in a mini skirt and her
sister in a Chador.


I love Beirut because it is neither West nor East: it is both.

I love Beirut because you can party till 6 in the morning and not realize
that it is Tuesday.

I love Beirut because in Beirut you can live as if you are
going to die tomorrow and party as if they you are going to live forever
.

I love Beirut because I can be swimming in the morning and 30 minutes later I'm on the slopes skiing or doing after ski.

I love Beirut because I have never seen the sun this strong anywhere in the world. I love Beirut because I can see 6,000 years of history.

I love Beirut because every Beiruti has a political opinion
and will share it with you even if you couldn't care less about his and you want to share yours with him
.

I love Beirut for all the conspiracy theories and how many people actually believe them.

I love Beirut because any night I can find a friend to go out with.

I love Beirut because I do not need to call my friends to go and see at home, I just stop by.

I love Beirut because as soon as I arrive at one of my friends' houses his mom takes me to the kitchen & introduces me to everything in the fridge.

I love Beirut because one can smell gardenia, and jasmine, and rose and and and...

I love Beirut because strawberries taste like strawberries & fruits taste like fruits.

I love Beirut because the food is so good that you end up gaining weight even as you're trying to lose.

I love Beirut because everyone knows my name. (a la cheers)

I love Beirut because I don't have to explain myself.

I love Beirut because of the traffic jams and the people you meet because of them. I love Beirut because of the noise pollution from cars honking.

I love Beirut for the spirituality of the people whether Muslim or Christian.

I love Beirut because I'm the first to call my Muslim friends on Ramadan and they are the first to call me on Easter.

I love Beirut because on May 1st I see Muslims visiting Harissa (statue of the Virgin Mary ) just like I see Christians.

I love Beirut because on the 22nd of every month I see Muslims going to St. Charbel and believing that a miracle will happen.

I love Beirut because women look like they've just stepped off the pages of Vogue.

I love Beirut because you eat to live and live to eat.

I love Beirut because you leave one cafe to go to another and can do this all day.

I love Beirut because all the Lebanese living outside want to come back and the Lebanese who are in Lebanon envy the ones who are living abroad not realizing what it means to live away from Beirut.

I love Beirut because a girl or a guy can easily tell you I just had a couple of Lexo or Xanax as if they just had some gum.

I love Beirut because for every Lebanese we have a singer.

I love Beirut because the Lebanese star singers sing in nightclubs.

I love Beirut because women go into the swimming pool with full make up on.

I love Beirut because guys go in with their cigars.

I love Beirut because it has been destroyed 7 times in History and has risen.

I love Beirut because the Beirut 's have withstood the Israelis.

I love Beirut because the Beirutis will not accept anyone to occupy them and rule over them.

I love Beirut because we feel that it is better to die on our feet than to live on our knees.

I love Beirut because each street is a two way street even if it's
officially one-way.

I love Beirut because one can park anywhere and not get a ticket.

I love Beirut because one can go as fast as his speedometer allows.

I love Beirut because MEA lands there. I love Beirut because on MEA we can clap in unison when we are about to land.

I love Beirut not because it is my city, but because it is Everyone's city.
From: M. Kfouri.

***
Quant à moi, j´aime le Liban, et mon pays, et tous les paysages et peuples du monde... avec toujours
la Palestine dans mon coeur...

1 commentaire:

susane a dit…

Merci de partager cette information utile! Espérons que vous allez continuer avec le genre de choses que vous faites.

voyante